Looking for a Cool Summer Escape in Southwest Orlando?
International Drive Resort Area Offers
Hot Deals and “Cool” Ideas that Won’t Break the Budget!
It’s summer. It’s hot. The economy is…we all know about the economy. Gas prices are creeping up as they always do when we would like to take off for someplace where the humidity is below 100.
If you are like most Central Florida residents, it is about this time when we start to think of something to pull us through the rest of the long summer. Someplace other than our “backyard” where the temperature is sizzling.
Something cool. Fun. Not crowded. An escape. Something that will not take what is left of our 401K.
Fact: More than 5.3 million visitors vacation or attend meetings in the International Drive Resort Area each year.
Good news for local residents: Most of them do not come in the summer.
Fact: The area is offering incredible, cost-saving deals.
Good news: It’s a short drive. Bring the family. Enjoy some time with friends. Save some money. Recharge your batteries. It’s just plain fun.
Give some thought to these 10 “cool” and fun reasons to head over to I-Drive:
- Cruise the Drive on the I-Ride Trolley. Once you arrive, park the car and let the Trolley conductors do the driving. Take a relaxed tour of the area and check out the new resorts, dining, shopping. The trolleys are air conditioned, nostalgic and fun. They cover the entire I-Drive Area and are ADA approved. Cost: 1.25 for a single cash ride. Kids ride free with an adult. Seniors over 65 ride for $0.25. Unlimited ride passes are available. For details and a map, visit www.iridetrolley.com.
- Get Wet! Chill out at Wet ‘n Wild for a day. There are some advantages to living here in the summer: Purchase a Splash Pass for a day (cost: $47.87) and it is good through Dec. 31, 2009. Visit: www.wetnwild.com.
- Chill out at Pointe Orlando. This beautiful venue is filled with great shopping, dining choices for every budget from Johnny Rockets to the elegant Capital Grille, and nonstop entertainment. Take a cool break at Regal Cinema with 20 theaters including IMAX. Visit WonderWorks and see what is inside that upside down building! Tip: visit www.pointeorlando.com and print out a coupon voucher that is good for $300 worth of discount coupons.
- Bowling IS cool!! Okay, maybe you have not bowled since leisure suits were in style. Or maybe never. But this is good, old-fashioned, inexpensive, family fun!!! This popular, local attraction boasts 32 lanes and even has bumper bowling for kids seven and under. Plus a great snack bar. Cost: $4 per game for adults, $3 for kids. Visit www.worldbowlingcenter.com.
- Unplug at a spa. Pick one of I-Drive’s luxurious spas and plan a day to unwind and treat yourself whether it is for a single treatment or an entire day. The Spa at Rosen Shingle Creek offers its “Day at the Creek” package that includes an aroma soul massage, signature facial, classic manicure and pedicure. Cost: $316 including gratuity. Tip: Plan to stay for the entire day and use the spa’s pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and other facilities. Order in lunch and really treat yourself!
- What is the attraction? Well we have the top attractions in the world right here! And let’s face it, they are less crowded in the summer. Plus, you can plan to visit during the coolest time of day. Be sure to ask about Florida resident specials at any attraction you visit. Discounts and deals are available. Tip: Purchase a SeaWorld Fun card at guest services. This one day purchase will allow you to visit through Dec. 31, 2009. Visit www.seaworld.com/orlando.
- It is a scientific fact: The coolest place in the summer is a shopping mall!! And if you can save $$$, even better! At the area’s three outlet malls, local residents enjoy deep discount shopping without the crowds this summer. Tip: Visit guest services at Festival Bay Mall and ask for the FREE Premiere Passport for additional savings. Visit www.shopfestivalbaymall.com. Prime Outlets Orlando (www.primeoutlets.com) and Orlando Premium Outlets (www.premiumoutlets.com/orlando) for details on shopping savings.
- Cool off at your favorite restaurant without the lines! Take advantage of special offers at dinner theaters. Tip: Solve a mystery! Enjoy dinner and a mystery show at Sleuth’s Mystery Shows. This popular venue was named “Best Dinner Show” last year. Florida residents receive a $7 discount this summer. Visit www.sleuths.com.
- It doesn’t get any cooler than this! Stop by IceBar and slip on a cape and gloves and enjoy a cold refreshment in a glass carved from ice. www.icebarorlando.com.
For everything fun to do on I-Drive this summer from accommodations to entertainment to dining to shopping and spas, visit www.internationaldrive.com
. Check out “Hot Deals
” for discount coupons and savings.
7/09Press Release in PDF Format