What is the International Drive Business Improvement District?
Created in 1992, it is a special taxing district formed under a public-private initiative with Orange County, the City of Orlando and the businesses of the International Drive Resort Area. Recognized as an outstanding example of cooperation between three distinct entities, this is the first district of this type established in Florida and is now used by other regions as a model. The district is comprised of three separate Municipal Service Taxing Units (MSTU) that are jointly operated under this unique partnership by a Governing Board and an Advisory Board.
What does the District do?
We are charged with planning, designing, and operating a transit service exclusive to the International Drive Resort Area businesses that are within the boundaries of the District taxing units, as well as the marketing and promotional efforts of area businesses as a single, cohesive destination. We make recommendations to local and state government agencies to reduce traffic congestion, enhance pedestrian safety and increase overall mobility and security for the entire District. Finally, we implement marketing and promotion programs such as:
- InternationalDriveOrlando.com and IRideTrolley.com
- The International Drive Resort Area Official Visitors Guide
- I-RIDE Trolley Map - Your Guide to Dining, Shopping & Playing on I-Drive!
- The I-Drive Hot Deals Discount Program
Who is on the Governing Board?
The Board is comprised of three members of local government: two members from Orange County and one member from the City of Orlando. Current Board members are:
- Chairperson: The Honorable Teresa Jacobs, Orange County Mayor
- Orange County: Commissioner Victoria Siplin, Orange County - District 6
- City of Orlando: Commissioner Samuel B. Ings, City of Orlando - District 6
Who is on the Advisory Board?
The District is served by a five-member Advisory Board: three members are appointed by Orange County and two are appointed by the City of Orlando. Members must be a District property owner, an owner-appointed representative, or an employee of a property owner. Current members are:
Sibille Pritchard, Orlando Plaza Partners
- Other Members
Mr. Harris Rosen, Rosen Hotels
Mr. Charles Gundacker, Universal Orlando
Jim Dean, SeaWorld Orlando
Joshua Wallack, Mango’s Tropical Café
- District Staff
When are the upcoming District Advisory Board and District Governing Board meetings?
District Advisory Board - All meetings begin at 9:30 am and last approximately 90 minutes.
Please check back to our website two weeks prior to each meeting to confirm meeting information and view the proposed agenda.
- March 29, 2017 - Proposed Agenda - Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive
- May 31, 2017
- July 26, 2017 - Budge planning session
- August 30, 2017 - Budget planning session
- November 15, 2017
District Governing Board
- Location is the Orange County Administration Building, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando FL 32801. Specific room location will be announced two weeks prior to meeting date.
If you would like the minutes in the form of a PDF download select the date from the following. Click here to view archived meeting minutes.
- May 2017 (date & time to be announced)
- September 2017 (date & time to be announced)
- September 28, 2016 (DGB Meeting)
- August 31, 2016
- July 27, 2016
- May 25, 2016
- March 30, 2016
- November 18, 2015
- September 18, 2015 (DGB Meeting)
- September 8, 2015
- July 29, 2015
- March 25, 2015
Where can you obtain more information about the I-Ride Trolleys and the District?
Please contact the International Drive Business Improvement District office at:
International Drive Business Improvement District
7081 Grand National Dr., Suite 105, Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: (407) 248-9590
Fax: (407) 248-9594