What is the International Drive Business Improvement District?
Created in 1992, it is a special taxing district formed under a public-private initiative with Orange County, the City of Orlando and the businesses of the International Drive Resort Area. Recognized as an outstanding example of cooperation between three distinct entities, this is the first district of this type established in Florida and is now used by other regions as a model. The district is comprised of three separate Municipal Service Taxing Units (MSTU) that are jointly operated under this unique partnership by a Governing Board and an Advisory Board.
What does the District do?
We are charged with planning, designing, and operating a transit service exclusive to the International Drive Resort Area businesses that are within the boundaries of the District taxing units, as well as the marketing and promotional efforts of area businesses as a single, cohesive destination. We make recommendations to local and state government agencies to reduce traffic congestion, enhance pedestrian safety and increase overall mobility and security for the entire District. Finally, we implement marketing and promotion programs such as:
- InternationalDriveOrlando.com and IRideTrolley.com
- The International Drive Resort Area Official Guide
- I-RIDE Trolley Map - Your Guide to Dining, Shopping & Playing on I-Drive!
- The I-Drive Hot Deals Discount Program
- Weekly I-Drive Resort Area blogs
- I-Drive Resort Area online events calendar
- I-Ride Resort Area social media daily updates
- For more information visit www.idrivedistrict.com
Who is on the Governing Board?
The Board is comprised of three members of local government: two members from Orange County and one member from the City of Orlando. Current Board members are:
- Chairperson: The Honorable Jerry L. Demings, Orange County Mayor
- Orange County: Commissioner Victoria P. Siplin, Orange County - District 6
- City of Orlando: Commissioner Bakari F. Burns, City of Orlando - District 6
Who is on the Advisory Board?
The District is served by a five-member Advisory Board: three members are appointed by Orange County and two are appointed by the City of Orlando. Members must be a District property owner, an owner-appointed representative, or an employee of a property owner. Current members are:
Sibille Pritchard, Vice President, Orlando Plaza Partners
- Other Members
Harris Rosen, President, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
Joshua Wallack, Chief Operating Officer, Mango’s Tropical Café
Russ Dagon, Senior Vice President of Resort Development, Universal Orlando Creative
Marco Manzie, President, Paramount Hospitality Group
- District Staff
When are the upcoming District Advisory Board and District Governing Board meetings?
Where can you obtain more information about the I-Ride Trolleys and the District?
Please contact the International Drive Business Improvement District office at:
International Drive Business Improvement District
7081 Grand National Dr., Suite 105, Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: (407) 248-9590
Fax: (407) 248-9594