The safety of visitors to the I-Drive tourist corridor area is a top priority for the International Drive Business Improvement District. One of the world’s top tourist and meeting destinations, the I-Drive Resort Area, continues to utilize the enhanced support of its highly successful safety programs: the Tourist Oriented Policing Squad (TOPS), the District Engagement Officers (DEO), and the International Drive Clean Team. Please visit here for details.
Keep the following safety tips in mind when traveling:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all time. If you see something suspicious, call 9-1-1.
- Always lock the front and/or patio doors when inside a hotel room and before leaving. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open the hotel room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the safe in the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan map on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.
- When driving, keep all car doors locked.
- Give a cell phone number to children in case you are separated, as well as a business card for your accommodations.
- For emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
- Never leave children or pets unsupervised near water, and do not swim at night or in areas not designated for swimming.
For additional safety tips for tourists, please review the following:
Orange County Sheriff’s Office – Tourist Tips