Shark Swim Program at Discovery Cove is back! Modified with enhanced health and
safety measures, capacity will be further limited to create an even more
exclusive experience for guests to learn about several species of sharks as
they swim alongside them in The Grand Reef, and roam the spacious grounds of
this peaceful all-inclusive resort.
manage capacity and maintain proper physical distancing between guests, as well
as guests and trainers, the following adjustments have been made to this
This intimate experience is limited to no more than two parties per session
- Guests will sit in a designated seating area with proper distance between the two groups for an educational overview and training session with Discovery Cove’s expert aquarists
this awe-inspiring encounter, guests will:
- Enter the water with their party for an intimate shark talk and training session with Discovery Cove’s expert Aquarists; and, with more than 20 sharks in the habitat at Discovery Cove – there is a lot to learn about!
- Take the next step and don a sterilized snorkel and mask to enjoy a deep-water, free swim alongside blacktip reef, nurse, zebra, bonnethead sharks, not to mention the thousands of tropical fish who also reside in The Grand Reef.
- Gain a better understanding of the uniqueness of each species of sharks, the care they receive at Discovery Cove and leave with the memory of an unforgettable experience.
- Have the opportunity to get a photo taken with one of the sharks.
Shark Swim Program is offered during Discovery Cove’s normal operating hours
(Friday-Monday) with only eight spots available per day.
Shark Swim Program starts at $129 per person and may be added onto both
Signature Dolphin Swim and Day Resort packages. All participants must be at
least 10 years of age. Space is limited so guests are encouraged to reserve
their spot(s) immediately.
Discovery Cove donates five percent (5%) of the proceeds from the Shark Swim
Program to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, which conducts scientific research
and hosts educational programs aimed at conserving the marine environment.